Hosts with tradition
Since its consturction in 1930 the Tuxerhof is always owned by family Schneeberger and expanded over the years with own resources and commitment. Today the Tuxerhof is one of the leading companies in the Tux Valley, has 108 beds and offers guests a great holiday all year round. Our key to success? A strong family and love for the profession! We look forward to being your hosts.
Andrea Schneeberger|Young Landlady
In 1930, the Tuxerhof of William and Mary Schneeberger was opened with eight double rooms. The house was for its time created quite large, but the financial situation was very tense. The introduction of the 1000-mark-block causes the few tourism to a complete standstill. In 1936 the hotel could not meet its obligations any more and so the Tuxerhof was declared for an auction. Delays and the connection to Germany in 1938 stopped the auction.
Gradually, people came back into the Tux Valley. During the war years and at war’s end the Tuxerhof was primarily used as a refugee camp. 1950 and 51 the number of beds increased to 25 and the rooms were equipped with running water. In the following years, the expanded dining room and even more were added, so that in 1964 the Tuxerhof included 50 beds. Numerous phases of rebuilding took place in the 70s. At this time, the Tuxerhof is already operated in its third generation. Since then much has been invested in optimizing the operation, the farm size and in the improvement of infrastructure.
Development steps at a glance:
1928 -1930 Construction of the Tux court, estimates ATS 66 700, -
1938 -1945 War years in Austria, the house served as a refugee shelter
1951 The first rooms were plastered and running water installed: The room rental began.
1952 Marriage of Henry and Anna Schneeberger
1953 On 28 January was the eldest son Willi Schneeberger was born.
1964 The Tuxerhof had 50 beds.
1967 Wilhelm Schneeberger sen. died
1971 -1979 The Tuxerhof grew steadily: annual renovations and expansions. In 1979, the inn had 64 beds.
1980 1. September: Father Heinrich Schneeberger died
1981 Sauna and elevator were built
1984 Wedding of Julia and Willi Schneeberger. Birth of their daughter Andrea on 23 January.
1988 -1989 1st construction phase: second garage with walkway. 2nd construction phase: additional construction of three floors with comfortable rooms, and renovation of the old room. Increase to 96 beds.
1990 -2004 Annual expansion and renovation and infrastructure improvements: swimming pool, reception / entrance, new rooms and suites, residential parking, children’s play area, spa facilities, bar … 2004 Alpin Spa Tuxerhof – 2000 m² Wellness & Spa built on three floors in just six months construction period.
2007 -2008 28 rooms & suites have been remodeled and renovated.